Internships & Fellowships At Community Services Institute
Springfield Doctoral Internship Program
The Doctoral Psychology Internship at Community Services Institute is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) and offers up to 8 full-time positions at its Springfield, MA location. These funded positions begin during the first week in July and extend through the second week of July the following year, for a total of 2000-Internship hours.
The mission of the Doctoral Psychology Internship at CSI is to prepare Interns to be psychologists who can function independently, effectively, and flexibly in a variety of community settings. CSI was an early pioneer in providing child-focused family support for multi-problem families, particularly those involved with child welfare, juvenile justice, and the Courts and continues this mission.
Springfield Doctoral Practicum Training Program
Doctoral practicum students will be responsible for providing in-clinic and outreach individual psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and adults struggling with serious emotional disturbances, psychological impairments, addictions, and high-stress life circumstances. Many clients at CSI have experienced some sort of traumatic event as well as are involved with the Department of Children and Families.
Springfield Mental Health Counselor Internship Program
Mental health counseling interns will be responsible for providing individual psychotherapy to children, adolescents, adults, and families struggling with serious emotional disturbances, psychological impairments, addictions, and high-stress life circumstances.
Dorchester Pre Masters Internship in Psychology/Mental Health Counseling
This internship provides 2nd year graduate-level students in a mental health-related major, the opportunity to provide outpatient therapy to a diverse population of adults, children, and families in an outreach setting while being fully supported by a dedicated internship faculty. The internship is designed to give the participants the necessary skills to be successful at providing therapy to a population challenged by multiple stressors (e.g., economic stress, multigenerational transmission of trauma, lack of supportive resources, and other challenges). The program is rounded out with weekly individual and group supervision, as well as weekly didactic training and other learning opportunities.
Recent interns come from Springfield College, Simmons College, Lesley College, Cambridge College, and William James University.
Springfield Pre-MSW Internship Program
Community Services is proud to offer a second-year, clinical MSW Field Placement. The Field Education Department is run by the MSW Internship Director, Cristen Sacco Dion, LICSW and the Associate Director of the MSW Internship, Monique Doherty, LCSW.
- CSI Follows CSWE Requirements (educational competencies)
- CSI accommodates field placements throughout the academic year and provides an ongoing application process
- CSI has hosted interns from Westfield State University, Springfield College, University of Connecticut, Fordham University and Saint Louis University through the Elms College campus.
- The clinical training program provides weekly individual clinical supervision, weekly group supervision, including ongoing training on specific topics such as mental health diagnoses, clinical interventions, the impact of trauma on human behavior, theories in social work practice, and practicing with cultural competence.
- CSI’s MSW Field Placement Program thrives on providing a supportive, friendly and welcoming environment for students to engage in learning and developing their clinical skills.
- CSI offers non-traditional and flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends.
To apply please contact: Cristen Sacco Dion, LICSW. Director of the MSW Internship Program 413.739.5572 ext. 222 email@example.com or Monique Doherty, LCSW Associate Director of the MSW Internship Program 413.739.5572. Ext 358 firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliation with Springfield College Department of Psychology
As an affiliate of Springfield College, CSI annually administers and supervises a program of practical clinical experience for graduate level psychology students.