Over the past 30 years, researchers have discovered that it is possible to retrain or learn different brain wave patterns. This brain wave training is called Neurofeedback. The brain is taught to engage in the tasks of living with greater efficiency and ease. This leads to improvements in concentration, relaxation, and clarity. It is like physical exercise or physical therapy training for the brain.
Clients who benefit most:
- Low motivation to engage in talk therapy & self disclosure
- High stress exposure
- Low motivation to use medications to “calm;’ “focus,” or “contain impulse
During a Neurofeedback session, you sit in a comfortable chair in a quiet room. Sensors are placed on your scalp. Nothing goes into your brain; the sensors just read what your brain is doing. The computer feeds back your brain activity both visually and with sound. It is somewhat like a video game, engaging you in a task and then helping you learn how to change your own brain waves.
This training leads to:
- Improved psychological flexibility
- Better ability to relax and unwind
- Increased focus
- Reduced negative emotions
- Clearer thinking – Less “Brain fog”
Contact us to learn more.